Spread by the newly discovered Corona Virus, COVID-19 is an infectious disease that affects the respiratory parts of the human body.
Most of the people affected by the disease will showcase symptoms and recover without any special treatment. But, older people and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is to be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes, and how it spreads.
What are the COVID-19 symptoms?
Symptoms of being affected by the coronavirus include the following:
1. High Fever
2. Dry Cough
3. Sore Throat
4. Difficulty in breathing
6. Shortness of breath
7. Aches and pains
8. and very few people report diarrhoea, running nose, or nausea.
How do you prevent the spread of the virus?
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
1. Wash your hands often
2. Sanitize your hands often
3. Wear a mask
4. Avoid meeting sick people
5. Cover your nose while sneezing or coughing
6. Maintain Social Distancing (Maintain at least 1-meter distance between you and other people)
7. Try staying at home until and unless you are required on field
8. Avoid touching your face
9. Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
The basic precaution is to keep checking your and your family's temperature on a regular basis.
At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. However, there are many ongoing clinical trials evaluating potential treatments.